During the chore/shopping spree that is Christmas shopping, I finally received my much awaited PSP after finishing the one to two week lay-by period (the longest is a month).
I thought T_____ would be nice and chuck in a free game, but apparently not. But he asked and I refused, saying that I will play my favourite ripped DVD’s of Doctor Who, Rozen Maiden and Transformers: Beast Machines for the time being before even purchasing a game (or hoping a certain somebody would get me one for Christmas day). I tried it on my Rozen Maiden subtitled DVD and it worked like a charm, but the only thing a PSP cannot do is .AVI files. My remedy was:
- Download software that can convert from .AVI to .MPEG (.MPG) like the one by ImTOO and create a folder for the converted files to reside in.
- Wait patiently for the conversion to finish.
- Open the PSP Media Manager (hoping that it was downloaded from the website beforehand)
- Drag and drop the files for the video mode into the box below and covert.
- Wait patiently again.
- Lather, rinse and repeat for the other DVD’s or .AVI files you wish.
Then I was off and watching the first episode to test it, seeing that it works, I followed suit as per instruction. As the kiddies say these days: Happy, happy! Joy, joy! Until I get a game, that is.